Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Another Day in Hoi An






Today we all flaked out on our Cooking Tour. We still have more important things to do...shop, shop, and shop. Augie woke up not feeling too well, so we had a quick, light breakfast and he was anxious to get out into the fresh air and get some exercise. So we grabbed a couple of the hotel bikes (provided at no charge) and headed off to find the geo cache and locate the hotel Mary Ann and her group will be staying at in December. It's about two miles away, at the beach. The ride was against the wind, so it seemed like longer. But it was all pretty flat. Their hotel is beautiful, but very huge. I prefer the personal attention of our little boutique hotels.

The ride back into town went so much quicker. Before I knew it, we were back in the familiar streets of downtown Hoi An. Then I heard someone shout my name. It was Paul and Mike having a drink at a side walk bar, while the girls were at a jewelry story a couple shops down. Augie joined the guys and I went to see what the girls were up to. I was so impressed with their treasures, that I had to pick up a few of my own, mostly pearls.

After rejoining the boys for a cool drink (Lemongrass Mojitos...yum!), and showing off our newest treasures, the Picas and the Austins set off for the Cargo Club for lunch. Augie and I have a tour to Marble Mountain this afternoon and we wanted to get back to the hotel to call the guide to more it up to an earlier time. On the way back to our hotel, we ran into Beverly again, and she was about to buy some barbequed pork on a stick from a street vendor. Mike thought she was nuts, but I told her I'd join her. It was very delicious. Augie and Laura ended up giving it a try too.

No comments:

Post a Comment